Sequestration Meal #656

 


A small dinner on a low-appetite evening. I tried as best I could to deal with the lighting, but I think it looked better in person. In any case: I have a few slices of a Tofurky ham roast, mashed potatoes, garlic mushrooms (recipe veganized from Spend with Pennies), and microwave-steamed brussels sprouts with parsley butter (recipe veganized from Family Style Food).

Though it is fall and I should be seeing things like Tofurky hams in the grocery stores again soon, this was my last roast from last season. It was nice, during a cold snap, to have the oven on for several hours. Mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and brussels sprouts all went beautifully with it.

I have nothing special to say about the mashed potatoes and mushrooms I haven't said before; they're good, eat them, be well.

But I do want to say that the microwave-steamed brussels sprouts were amazing, one of my favorite recipes for brussels sprouts I've ever made. That may be because they have so much (vegan) butter, but I do not regret this. They were also perfectly tender and flavorful. Next time, I'd probably add lemon and cut back a bit on the butter (there seemed to be a lot pooling underneath the sprouts that would not get eaten anyway), but I'll definitely be microwaving brussels sprouts again.

Comments

  1. I am a die hard roasted Brussels sprouts girlie, mircowaving sounds like a quick trip to moosh land, but I trust you and must try this recipe next time they are in season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear in mind I do like roasted Brussels sprouts, but it has never been my favorite way to prep them. Your mileage may vary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts