What I Ate in a Day #33

 Life is a struggle sometimes. I had some medical stuff to take care of--routine, but exhausting--and I just wasn't able to live up to my usual standards for a couple of weeks, as you've probably guessed from seeing fewer posts from me. But you know what? That's okay. Sometimes, the healthiest thing we can do for ourselves is to lower our standards. Here is a not-terrible, lower-standards day when I was working from home.

We begin with basic staples: A grain coffee vanilla soy latte with PB&J oatmeal. I cooked the oats in soy milk, too, to make this a higher protein meal, just in case the rest of my day went south. (This is one of the things I try to do when I'm struggling--get lots of protein at breakfast, in case I don't get much later on.) This is delicious, if not very colorful.


Before one of my various Zoom meetings, I had a snack of savory rice crackers, and relished the fact that I was at home, where I can have snacks, maskless and whatnot. Are they beige, on a largely beige day? Yup. But standards adjust to ability.


For lunch, I had some cucumbers and tomato with salt and pepper, a Tofurky and non-dairy Provolone sandwich, and kettle-cooked potato chips. The kettle chips ensured a boost of potassium. They did their job.

At some point in the afternoon, not pictured, I had some broken tea biscuits and hot tea.


This photo in bad lighting (because it was after dark) is of my best meal of the day: I made some makeshift spicy ramen with leftover vegan bulgogi, mushrooms, and onions (two kinds--plain cooked yellow onions in the dish, and some green onions for garnish). I may be totally out of chili garlic sauce, but here gochujang did beautiful things with a bit of brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce along with the ramen seasoning.

Not pictured, I also had a multivitamin and an algae-based DHA supplement.

I ate three mostly brown meals and had no fruit unless you count tomatoes and cucumber (well, they do have Vitamin C), but I am proud of eating something and getting through my day.

Sometimes, you can't ask for any more than that!


Comments

  1. Proud of you for still feeding yourself. It looks like a good day of food to me. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts