Sequestration Meal #660

 Hey, everyone! I am definitely not posting as much. Struggles abound. But I took this week off (I am not going anywhere or anything, but I'm exhausted; things have been a little too hard lately, so I took advantage of Thanksgiving to get a longer break). So maybe I can do some cooking.


.You didn't see this the first time around, when the soup was a little prettier, but it doesn't matter. I've been in such a soup-and-sandwich mood lately, what with the cooler weather and the need for a lot of self-care. Soup is soothing. But that doesn't mean I'm predictable in my soup choices; this one is sweet potato and beet green soup with farro (recipe from Will Cook for Friends). I had that with a much more predictable Tofurky-and-non-dairy cheese sandwich with vegan mayo and whole grain bread.

I have so much fun with beets. You get a bunch of different options with them. In this case, I ended up with stems after I cut off the greens and roasted the roots, so I have been looking for beet stem recipes.

The soup was just what you would want from a soothing soup. Flavorful broth, good colors, and a mix of textures. The colors got a lot more red for the leftovers, but I kind of enjoyed that. Apparently, there is enough of that red beet stain in the leaves, even without the stems, to make a soup that looks like it would have tomato in it, when it doesn't.

I hope you're all taking care of yourselves, too.

Comments

  1. i'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Good for you in taking some time off and tending to yourself. The soup looks delicious and as though it would be soothing and nutrious. Rest well this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There will be more posts next week; I've been cooking some delicious things! So look for me again then.

      Delete
  2. I hope the time off was restorative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really helpful. Fortunately, I have learned strategies to preserve the good feelings of time off, so I don't lose it all the instant I go back to work!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts