Sequestration Meal #658

 


Hello again from the festive-food-all-fall universe! Here we have macaroni and cheese (using my favorite cheese sauce recipe from Veganosity), a cauliflower steak with cranberry-apple chutney (recipe from Joyful Healthy Eats), some Tofurky ham, and steamed brussels sprouts with some vegan butter and lemon juice.

I didn't love the cranberry apple chutney, but it wasn't bad. I just found it too acidic from the vinegar. If I were to make this again, I would leave out the vinegar. Other than that, it went nicely with everything else.

Macaroni and cheese, on the other hand, is perfect. I don't make it as often as I might want to eat it, but that's true of many things. And it goes with so many things. And because I use the protein-infused pasta, I also don't have to add a major protein source unless I want it. (This is my experience; your body may be different, so please follow the advice of your own doctor.) But Tofurky ham is also lovely with it, as are brussels sprouts.

The sprouts were slightly bitter, as I think I didn't cook them long enough. But I'm learning. We'll get there.

Comments

  1. This looks like a lovely meal. Mac and Cheese indeed goes with so many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have finally found a recipe that really hits the spot! That was quite a quest for me in my vegan journey.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts