A Review of New Things I've Tried #12 (Bubbly Drinks Edition)

 I don't know why carbonated beverages improve my mood. I just know that they do! I generally drink plain seltzer or seltzer with a squeeze of lemon, but I do sometimes get flavored bubbly drinks. So as I've had the chance to get a few more unusual ones, I have looked forward to telling you about them. 

1. Polar Orange Dry

Okay, okay, this is something I know is not new-to-me, but I had to include it here because I've never mentioned it but it is wonderful. It's not that easy to find, but I love it. Orange Dry is an orange soda made with actual orange juice that is not nearly so sweet or strangely colored as most orange sodas are. If you can find it, I highly recommend it. It's about as sweet as orange juice is, but not quite so thick, and obviously because it's a sugary soda it's not health food. (Unless you need that. I'm not a medical doctor, and your doctor will be the best person to help you understand what you need.)


2. San Pellegrino Sparkling Arancia & Fico d'India (Orange & Prickly Pear) Juice


I bought this because it was half price. It has both real orange and real prickly pear juices, but I kind of wanted it to have one or the other rather than both. I'm not sure how well those things complement each other. But this was a good break from the ordinary, anyway. I did think it was a bit odd to get an Italian soda using a fruit native to North America's hotter places, but Wikipedia tells me that it has been introduced to many regions in the world, including southern Europe. Go figure.

3. Seagram's Ginger Ale


This one isn't uncommon, probably--Seagram's is owned by Coca-cola, I think--but I am far more of a ginger beer person than a ginger ale person, so it may be uncommon for me. Ginger beer is sold as non-alcoholic in the United States, although it is fermented and does have a little bit of alcohol in it. It doesn't cause me any of the issues that things actually requiring ID do, and I adore it. But after months of not being able to get any ginger beer, I decided to splurge on some ginger ale in the grocery delivery. I don't know if I'd had Seagram's before. I know I've had Canada Dry. I think ginger ale in general has a distinct flavor but Seagram's isn't very gingery; it just tastes like something sugary and leaves an indescribable aftertaste. I don't dislike it, but I think Canada Dry is better. Sometimes, however, a nice class of icy sugar water really hits the spot.

Comments

Popular Posts