Recipe: Vanilla Mandarin Smoothie

 Does one really need another smoothie recipe?

Yes. This one, at least. One needs this smoothie. I am on a seemingly endless quest to get more Creamiscle flavor in my life, and this is one of the best ways I've found.


I was inspired by a non-vegan recipe, which I veganized to happy effect. Also I scaled this down so it just makes one smoothie rather than two.

Also, you'll be happy to know (maybe; maybe you won't care) that I finally got around to updating my recipe index. So that's there for you, too, if you want more inspiration.


Vanilla Mandarin Smoothie
Serves: 1 generous serving

1/2 banana, frozen in pieces
2-3 mandarin oranges, segmented and frozen overnight
1 5.3 oz. carton non-dairy vanilla soy yogurt (or whatever non-dairy yogurt you prefer; I used Stonyfield Organic)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or whatever other milk you have on hand you want to use)

The night before you make your smoothie, freeze your banana and mandarin oranges (you can freeze your fruit longer if you feel you want to, of course).

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately.


Comments

  1. Oh, this sounds wonderful! Especially as it is mandarin season here. I only like imperial mandarins, and they have such a short season. I am definitely going to try this. I also love using some yoghurt in it! Something about other creamsicle-style smoothies where it is just cirtus and milk never works for me, but this sounds like it will be really creamy and nice.

    And yay for recipe index update! I have saved several of your recipes (and make some!) already, so will be cool to see them all listed out to see what else I might want to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The citrus and milk ones can be good, but they're usually pretty thin, it's true!

      I neglected the recipe index for a really long time. I have had a lot of feelings, I guess.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts