Sequestration Meal #445

 


Although it was unexpected for late June, cool weather came again and I did not question it because that meant I got to make these red lentil patties I'd had my eye on a few months now--I am always grateful for a brief return of using-the-oven weather! I had them with some homemade naan from my freezer and some homemade baba ganoush.

The gorgeous, colorful lentil patties are from the recipe at Del's Cooking Twist. They come with a garlic-herb tahini sauce that really makes them extra delicious. The patties are a mixture of veggies, red lentils, oats, herbs, and seasonings, and they're pretty easy to make. Mine were larger than I expected, though, even though I followed the recipe as written, other than just cutting it in half as per my usual approach to recipes. They would make good burgers, too, I think.

The baba ganoush is the recipe from Cookie and Kate and it has never disappointed me yet. It's so easy and delicious. It went perfectly with my naan. I need to make more naan, and next time I'll make a bigger batch. There are few things as satisfying as this pillowy naan dipped in baba ganoush.

Oven weather won't be with us much longer; best take advantage while we can.

Incidentally, aside from the naan (which contains gluten), this is Top 8 allergen-free. If you wanted a meal free of gluten, too, I'd recommend serving this with rice, and using something like carrot sticks for dipping into the baba ganoush.

Comments

Popular Posts