Small Bowl #2

 


For this, I really just wanted mashed potatoes. But you can't live on mashed potatoes alone. So to go with them, I sauteed some spinach and onions with a splash of white soy sauce, and made some Moroccan-spiced lentils (recipe from Minimalist Baker).

This was perfect. A bowl of soft, spicy mush. It may be an unconventional pairing, but I really like lentil dishes with potatoes.

I'm seeing a theme here with my parade of bowls. Bowls seem inherently more comforting than plates, somehow. I wonder why that is?

Comments

  1. I admire your dedication to balance because I wholeheartedly believe that you should be able to exist on potatoes alone 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be able to doesn't always equate to what reality makes us do, sadly. But the lentils were good, so it's fine!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts