Low Bowl #45

 


More summer salad--this time, I have something more traditional, although...well. I made a chef salad of sorts, with romaine, Abbot's chick'n pieces, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, croutons, avocado, and homemade Thousand Island dressing. And then, for some reason, tater tots. I baked them in my toaster oven because I had the kind of craving that would not be ignored. I had to have tater tots.

I don't know what to tell you. I needed tater tots. At first, I ate them as a side, but halfway through the meal I dumped the tater tots in the salad, and they were great!

I loved this! The salad dressing I made was so good. I followed a recipe from the Curious Chickpea. I am really enjoying the whole leaning-into-summer, eat all the fancy salads thing.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy baking things significantly more than this. But I'm making the best of the situation, and finding new things to love. Food-wise, this summer is really going great--which was unexpected, honestly.

Incidentally: If you need a gluten free, soy free, nut free meat substitute, Abbot's is made of pea protein. 

Comments

Popular Posts