Sequestration Meal #571

 

I only noticed the slightly odd plating after the fact, but oh, well! This was a "gotta get the job done" meal, and judged on that basis, it was great! I probably wouldn't make this if I wanted to impress anyone, but it is an amazing recipe for those days when you just can't.

This is the spinach and artichoke casserole from From My Bowl. It's one of those dump-and-bake type meals, where you put your ingredients in a casserole dish, cover them up, and bake them until they're ready. Although I made it a this juncture because I am eating seasonally and it involved artichokes, that's not really logical in any way, because the veggies here are canned or frozen. This is a pantry meal you could have any time of year.

Because of the rice and white beans, this is a full meal. When I put this on my meal plan, I intended to serve it with a side of more veggies (broccoli and carrots, probably), but there are times when you just have to clear the lowest bar. So I cleared it, and the nourishment really did help me feel better.

Here's to dump and bake casseroles, and chilly spring days that still allow us to have our ovens on!

Comments

  1. We are into chilly autumn days here, at last! Or at least chilly autumn mornings and evenings. I am looking forward to getting my oven going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your fall and winter are full of all the good things about those seasons! I'm glad that after a few hot days we got much cooler weather here. I really love a chilly spring.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts