Sequestration Meal #361

 

This was one of those highly successful clear-the-fridge meals: steamed rice with nori furikake; a grape tomato garnish; chickpea-carrot patties with leftover "honey" sriracha sauce; and stir-fried broccoli stems (roughly, this recipe from Food.com). I didn't burn the patties; that's just how dark the sauce was.

I had the leftover rice, about half a can of chickpeas, and that sauce I'd made to go with nuggets and I thought they might go well together, so I made this up. Sometimes making stuff up doesn't work out but this really, really did! I know what I've shown lately has involved a lot of already-prepped stuff, and I'm still not in a good place, mentally, so that's probably going to be more true than it would usually be for a little while. But this was easy and cleared stuff out of my fridge and it helped me feel a little bit more in control of my world.

Comments

  1. This is a great selection of fridge cleaning out! I am also a big fan of sauteed broccoli stems.
    No shame ever in using something pre-prepped! Things are rough, but you are still managing to feed yourself! That is important, and whatever makes it easier is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts