Dinner Bowl #134

 


I used up my saffron making this old favorite, partly because the couscous recipe involves so little heating time: couscous with spinach and chickpeas (recipe from Spain on a Fork), Spanish garlic mushrooms (recipe from Unicorns in the Kitchen), and zucchini fritters (recipe from Nora Cooks) with non-dairy sour cream.

I've made very similar meals before, so I knew this would be good. It was! The mushrooms used an alarming amount of olive oil, considering the cost of such things these days, but I'm glad I tried them. I'd try to cut that in half next time, though.

The main thing I ever used saffron for was this specific couscous recipe. It's really good! But there are plenty of other things to do with couscous that I'll likely try before buying the most expensive spice in the world again.

Here's to managing to help ourselves where we can. Good luck to all of you out there.

Comments

Popular Posts