Thermos 3-Tier Bento #23

Sushi rice, spicy stir-fried cabbage and peppers from The Simple Veganista, and a cowboy cookie I made from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.

I didn't have a red pepper for this recipe so I substituted an equivalent amount of mini sweet peppers in red, orange, and yellow. It worked out great! I really liked this recipe. It's been too long since I had cabbage, and since the whole romaine lettuce fiasco the price of all the other lettuces has gone up by about 50% and so this is my attempt at getting in some leafy greens. (I know, I know, cabbage is only sort of a leafy green.)

It had also been an absurdly long time since I prepared tofu. I don't even know why. Life is full of mysteries. Note to self: Eat more tofu.

These cookies were pretty good on day one but improved significantly with age. I loved the way the coconut added an unexpected depth of flavor to these oatmeal cookies.

Comments

  1. Oh wow, this meal looks incredible!! I have to agree, tofu is delicious and needs to be eaten more on my end too. The cookie sounds delicious and like the perfect sweet treat to end the meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tofu is easy, cheap, and good. So why am I going the harder route? Things to ponder!

      Delete
  2. The spicy cabbage and peppers sound great, and now I feel like it's been a while since I've had tofu, too! Yay for the cookies improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tofu is the best, I love it so much. I eat it quite a bit, but could definitely eat it more.
    I really like that cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts