Lunchopolis #73

Strawberries, homemade Mexican-style rice, a quesadilla (just shredded Daiya cheddar on a flour tortilla; I'm not prepared to be fancy right now), sliced black olives, non-dairy sour cream, and refried beans.

Wegmans did not have my beloved Goya Rancheros beans, so these were the spicier but still good Goya Chipotle flavor refried beans. I love that Goya has been labeling their vegan beans as such! It makes life easier.

I've started getting pretty good at winging Mexican rice based on whatever I have around to throw in it, so I'm realizing that probably what I need to do at some point is to give you a base recipe you can experiment with, rather than a detailed one with everything. Maybe I'll save that for VeganMoFo--I was excited to see that coming up in August.

Comments

  1. This looks like such a great box! I really need to try and get some strawberries, I'm craving all of the summer fruits and fresh food in general right now. I will definitely have to keep this combo in mind for the future, it looks awesome! Thanks for the heads up on MoFo, I would have totally missed it. I hope I can get myself organized and back in a good headspace to participate this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what VeganMoFo will look like for me this time around, but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

      Delete
    2. Basic quesadilla is the best quesadilla in my opinion. I look forward to seeing your Mexican rice recipe in August.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts