Lunchopolis #74

A simple salad of butter lettuce, grape tomato quarters, bell pepper strips, and red onion; an improvisational creamy mustard salad dressing; Bac'n bits; a vegan version of my Parmesan and corn pasta salad, and Scandinavian cucumber salad.

This was not what I'd planned. But it was good! I really missed the Parmesan and corn pasta salad, which was based on a recipe served at Souper Salad long ago. This hit the spot, though I think I actually prefer it with shorter noodles in spite of the original's use of fettuccine. I will be on the lookout for something that would work well.

Comments

  1. Parmesan and corn sounds like a great combination for a pasta salad. I love cheesy corn stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it works well! I don't know what about it is so good given that it's so simple but I've always loved that pasta salad.

      Delete
  2. OMG yes, you know I love my corn and pasta salad! I haven't used parmesan since becoming vegan because I haven't found one I like but if I can get my hands on the Violife I'm totally going to try it. I agree, short noodles are best for that. The salad and cucumber salad look like perfect, refreshing sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Follow Your Heart but I can't find it here anymore. I don't remember the name of the brand I used here but it wasn't quite as lovely, at least.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts