Restaurant Review: Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory has a few dedicated vegan items, and I went there fully intending to have their vegan cobb salad, but I got sucked in with the description of avocado toast. Alas, there were issues: first, the server misheard me and the first thing brought to me was avocado rolls, which are not vegan and also not what I ordered. Altogether it took me about 35 minutes to get avocado toast. At that rate I could have gone to the grocery store, gotten all the ingredients, and made it myself at home with a few minutes to spare.

It was pretty but served very strangely. They did not slice the bread open the way you would expect, but rather in wedges and piled the toppings over the top of the loaf. This made them apt to slide off rather than sinking delightfully into the crevices. (I think this is not actually how this is supposed to be served, if online photos are any indication.) And the whole thing was put precariously on a little cutting board, so I felt especially messy spreading my dropped toppings all over the table while I tried to eat it.

General thoughts: Good idea, very poor execution. It tasted good but took way too long to get even after they messed up the order (it was about 2:30PM, not exactly a busy time for them). And the way it was served made it unpleasant to eat. 2.5/5

Comments

  1. Oh no!!! I've heard that they've upped their game with the vegan options but this seems less than ideal. It doesn't make sense at all to just pile avocado on top of unsliced bread (unless it is a flatbread). It sounds difficult and messy. I will say, if they come out with vegan cheesecake I'm in, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a long time to wait for avocado toast. And a weird way to serve it as well. Funnily enough, someone just asked me the other day if I had ever been to The Cheesecake Factory on my US travels, but I have not. It is not really a place on a travelling vegan's list to visit. But if they had vegan cheesecake (that wasn't just full of coconut), I would be keen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their vegan dessert is a bowl of strawberries. Nothing on it, just plain strawberries. For this they charge you $7.50. If you have to go to someplace with omnivores, Cheesecake Factory may work, but I'd never go there as a vegan destination!

      Delete
    2. $7.50 for a bowl of strawberries? No thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts