Lunchopolis #75

I had this salad two days ago and wanted it again! Butter lettuce, grape tomato quarters, bell pepper strips, and red onion; a homemade creamy mustard dressing; Bac'n bits; my leftover rice from yesterday mixed with a bit of non-dairy sour cream, the end of a package of Morningstar Farms chick'n strips, and peas; and peach slices.

I was really pleased with the way this rice dish turned out. Necessity may have been the mother of invention but it turned out well. There's something oddly reassuring about knowing that if I have the energy, I can easily pull something together to make a meal with what I have on hand, usually. There is fresh produce here but the rice-peas-chick'n dish was largely based on stuff in my freezer and pantry, and if I didn't have the fresh produce I had some other options. Knowing how to cook is a real comfort to me, somehow.

Comments

  1. This meal looks amazing! Sometimes no plans are the best plans, you get the most delicious and creative dishes out of it. I'm definitely going to have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually my "no plans" meals happen when I've been too ill to get to the store, but somehow I've usually managed. As I say, knowing how to cook is a comfort. If I didn't have these skills, life would be a lot harder.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts