Traveler's Lunches #14

Homemade pizza, the lunch of champions.

As I mentioned, I am working with what I could get from Target this week. Their store brand ready-made pizza crust is vegan (many others are not--I'm scowling in the general direction of Boboli, for example), so I decided to make pizza. This is moderately cheaper than buying a frozen vegan pizza, and also a lot more exciting. This pizza has mushrooms, bell pepper, chunks of fresh tomato, Sweet Earth Harmless Ham, Daiya mozzarella shreds, Follow Your Heart parmesan, and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Something green would have made it prettier but it did taste good anyway. (Target's green bell peppers looked very sad, so I passed them by.)

I still have the makings of more pizza (except a crust) so I plan to get to work on that soon. I'd like to try doing my own crust sometime but I think I'll ease into it by trying to find a vegan ready to bake but uncooked crust somewhere. Do you have a favorite brand?

Comments

  1. It is hard to find vegan crusts here as well, dairy lurks at every corner. And some of the vegan ones are just so dry and yucky. But I have finally found a good brand. I do like to make my own pizza dough as well, my favourite is the one from Vegan Pizza because you don't have to knead and it is so easy, but I don't always have the time or energy so being able to buy one ready made is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the kneading so much as the having to plan ahead for the yeast dough. I think planning takes the most energy of all sometimes. Is that recipe online somewhere?

      Delete
  2. I found it here:
    http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/51708/easy-peasy-pizza-dough.html

    It does take time, but it is mostly all in active. Though it does mean you have to plan in advance. But it freezes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts