Recipe: Chocolate Persimmon Pudding for One (Vegan, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free)

 Do you want a dessert free of all major allergens? But one you can also eat for breakfast, or a snack, or anytime? If the answer is no, well, I guess you can leave us now. But if you're still around (and I hope most of you are), let me introduce you to the most deceptively impressive-looking thing you're likely to make in less than 5-minutes of hands-on time.

Persimmons have mystical qualities, which is what makes this work. I read a few recipes before I made my own, partly because I was only finding recipes that made a lot of puddings, and also because I don't tend to cook on the metric system, and these recipes tended to be from countries that measure their cocoa by the gram.

So here we are!

Chocolate Persimmon Pudding for One
Serves 1

2 small, very ripe persimmons
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)

Peel the persimmons, discard the stems and peels, and roughly chop the fruit. Using an immersion blender, puree your persimmons with cocoa powder and vanilla. Pour this mixture into a small container, cover, and chill overnight.

When ready to serve, gently loosen the pudding and invert over a plate. Dust with powdered sugar passed through a fine sieve, if desired.

Comments

  1. Wow wow wow! Definitely going to try making this when persimmons are back in season next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts