ToGoWare 2-Tier Tiffin #29

 


In weak morning light (I should have waited a bit to take the photo; oh, well), here was my reimagined leftovers lunch this week: A Buddha bowl of sorts, a molasses almond butter energy bite, and clementine segments. Because I didn't need the full tiers for food, here you get to see my usual other lunch accompaniments, a cloth napkin and some utensils you can assemble and disassemble as needed.

Though there isn't a "sauce" per se, so I'm not sure if this counts as a Buddha bowl, it follows a similar principle. It starts with a bed of romaine lettuce. On top of that, I have leftover Lebanese bulgur pilaf, leftover lemon garlic tofu, cucumber slices, beet hummus, avocado slices, and red bell pepper strips. I added a lemon wedge to squeeze over everything, which turned out to be inspired--literally everything here tasted great with some fresh lemon.

The Lebanese bulgur pilaf, by the way, was absolutely amazing leftover, at room temperature, with a squeeze of lemon; I am definitely not finished with this way of preparing bulgur, even though bulgur is remarkably difficult to find around here, especially if you're avoiding Goya (which I still am and expect to forever, really).

Comments

  1. I think hummus can count as the sauce, I have certainly seen bowls with hummus as the only sauce component, even though it is thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end, it probably doesn't even matter if it's a Buddha bowl. It's just good stuff!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts