Skater Lunch Box #59

Homemade vegan kielbasa (recipe from Catskill Animal Sanctuary), sauteed cabbage and onions, pierogies filled with potatoes, and non-dairy sour cream.

This isn't that colorful--cabbage loses most of its green color when cooked, and it's not very green to begin with--but it really hit the spot. Pierogies were on sale! A few brands sold here don't use eggs in the pierogi pasta. This particular one is from a small company and is sold fresh, not frozen. It has several vegan varieties but the only one being sold at my store was the one with plain potatoes. Maybe sometime soon I can find some of the others. I'm dying to try the spinach and potato and the mushroom and potato ones.

The kielbasa, though not really much like I remember kielbasa being, went really well with this meal, and will have other applications. You can freeze it, so I'll be using more of this stuff in the weeks ahead.

Comments

  1. Despite not being super green, that cabbage packs a nutritious punch so that's awesome! Homemade kielbasa sounds awesome too and I love your little sour cream cup. I am now seriously craving pierogi so I hope I can find some vegan ones! They are SO GOOD with caramelized onions too. What a great looking meal.

    Hope you are feeling better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cabbage is pretty good for you! I hope you can find some pierogies. I never had them before I moved to the east coast but it was love at first bite.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a comforting meal!
    I have never had pierogi! They aren't really a common thing here, and the few times I have seem them they haven't been vegan. I was going to make some once, but it ended up being a 30dC night so I didn't feel like working with pastry and made a salad instead. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a perfect lunch, and the other pierogi varieties sound great, too; I hope you can find them sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts