Lunchopolis #82

A chickpea salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato on toast, cucumber slices, kettle-cooked potato chips, and blueberries.

I was really craving chickpea salad. I used my own recipe, which really deserves a better blog of its own one of these days (looking back on that, the photos just seem so sad). Toasting the bread and putting the lettuce between the bread and the tomatoes, plus adding a thin protective layer of Vegenaise, kept this sandwich from going soggy before lunch.

Blueberries were on sale, which was odd this time of year but I'll take it.

Comments

  1. I love chickpea salad, and appreciate your tips for keeping bread from going soggy. I never put tomatoes on any sandwiches I take to work for fear of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely do but I've watched enough Japanese lunch packing videos to be willing to give it a try--and it worked!

      Delete
  2. Your chickpea salad sandwich looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts