Laptop Lunches #193

Mini cucumber slices tossed with an impromptu dressing of rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt and topped with sesame seeds; a Tupperware smidget with a mix of M&Ms and yogurt covered Craisins, banana chips, carrot sticks, crunchy green beans, almond butter, and mini pretzel thins.

This was one of those mornings when I was just fighting to find something to stick in a box that at minimum included a fruit, a vegetable, a starch, and a protein, and was not all the same color. Bonus points for also having dairy and being pretty darn respectable--but I'm looking forward to my first post-dissertation shopping trip, because I think I'm in a rut. But I've eaten down my pantry enough and had to throw everything out of my freezer not too long ago. I've earned the right to get some of those things that call to me from overpriced land. Fancy cheese! Prosciutto! The good olives!

Comments

Popular Posts