Skater Lunch Box #45

Asparagus, more of Trader Joe's "Melodious Melange" mixed with some herb and mushroom couscous, and corn sauteed with green peppers.

Some book I read once, advising on health and budget and food, said that sometimes, the best thing to do is "just eat something." Not everything needs to be carefully thought out, take a lot of time, etc. In my head, I was doing that--just eating something based on what I had around--but in retrospect I think I did really well. I had beans, grains, veggies, and a bit of fat. There was a good variety of colors, too.

It is far from asparagus season, but it was on sale. Go figure.

For those of you keeping track (and thank you all for your kind thoughts), the CT was normal. I do not have a tumor. Everything points to me having one of the most mild forms of myasthenia gravis. I still have adjustments to make in my life (and there are still probably some other things wrong with me, and I have many doctor visits yet to come), but I do not have to have surgery (at least not for that). So all that's really good!

Comments

  1. I am so relieved to hear that your results came out as well as they possibly could and I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this illness at all but glad that it appears to be mild. I'm sure even the most mild case is really tough so I'm glad to know that you are doing what you can to take care of yourself.

    I never thought of it that way but I have to agree that sometimes the best thing to do is just eat something. It literally takes me hours to think about what I want to eat for dinner some nights while I should just eat something when I'm hungry and move on. Thanks for sharing that, it really resonates with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that there is no tumour, and no surgery needed. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great lunch, and great advice, too!
    I'm so happy to hear your CT results showed you don't have a tumor! Wishing you good luck with your future doctor visits! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts