Sequestration Meal #223

 

I've made some variation on this dozens of times. I think most of the time it's slightly better than this was, but I'm not going to be picky for the end-of-the-week, clear-out-the-fridge dinner, and since this came on the evening of the day with the disappointing minestrone lunch (I couldn't bear to have that twice in one day), just about anything I had seasoned well was going to be fine.

This was sort of Mexican rice and not quite that. I put the white beans I had leftover from the minestrone and some TVP and other meaty seasonings (nutritional yeast, liquid smoke, liquid aminos) in it, alongside what I usually put in Mexican, to make a kind of taco-style rice bowl. I topped it with Violife mozzarella (because that was the cheese I had open in the fridge), sliced olives, diced tomatoes, scallions, and Tofutti sour cream, plus a splash of lime juice (bottled; I have no limes). It could have used some avocado but this wasn't bad. I could see putting it in a burrito, too.

Sometimes, you just go with what you know.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts