Sequestration Meal #307

 

This looks a bit strange, but tastes good. I made a quick vegan Caesar salad dressing and tossed it with cooked pasta, romaine lettuce, red onion, and cherry tomatoes, then topped my salad with some Bac'n bits and Violife parmesan.

It was far too hot for a hot lunch, and I wanted pasta, so I decided to just have pasta instead of croutons in a Caesar salad. It works! You still want a bit of crunch but that's what the Bac'n bits are for. Also, this helped me on my ongoing quest to diminish my overwhelming COVID pantry, because that was the end of that bottle of Bac'n bits. Onward!

Comments

  1. Oooh, this sounds yum! Did you cool the pasta first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because I was in a hurry I rinsed them in cold water, but you could cool them without rinsing if you wanted them to be stickier to hold the dressing a bit better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts