Sequestration Meal #560

 


This looks like beef stroganoff, but don't be fooled; it is very different. It does start with a base of buttered Light n' Fluffy macaroni dumplings, though, which are delightful here, topped with tempeh in a creamy mushroom coconut sauce (recipe from Full of Plants). A garnish of fresh cilantro finishes it off.

This is the kind of savory recipe that is just as much at home with Western food as Asian food, but because I didn't know that, it just stands alone here. However, I would be just as happy with it with rice and Asian-style sides as I would be with it with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. It's a bit on the sweet side from the maple syrup in the marinade, but in only the vaguest of ways--not like so many of my beloved glazed tofu recipes, where the sweet flavors come right through.

I would make this again. I don't eat nearly enough tempeh anyway!

Comments

Popular Posts