Sequestration Meal #565

 


This was something I made primarily because the ingredients were on hand, and many needed using up, but I'm really glad I did! This is the creamy coconut curry lentils with spinach from Budget Bytes alongside the suggested curry roasted carrots, basmati rice, and cilantro.

I know by now that lentils benefit from soaking, but I forgot until I was started with meal prep, so the lentils only got to soak for about half an hour before I cooked them. I still think it helped, if not as much as a few hours would have. In any case, although I did cook my lentils longer than suggested (as always), I did not have to leave them on the stove for an hour (an improvement).

Though there was nothing all that special about the lentils, the roasted carrots were amazing. I really need to get more into roasting veggies. I will eat so many more veggies that way. The carrots aren't as pretty when roasted as they would be steamed, but I do not care about that whatsoever based on how flavorful they were. Because I was needing to have these for leftovers later in the week, I didn't just devour the entire pan, but I was tempted to.

I have started buying carrots in five pound bags, however, and thinking of how non-vegan me used to only buy a pound at a time now boggles my mind. Carrots are amazing. They have long been my favorite vegetable and they have no competition for that spot even though I love plenty of other veggies, including the spinach in the lentils. In what world did I eat so few carrots that I bought a pound at a time? Or did I just buy them more frequently in those days when prices weren't on some sort of skyrocketing spiral toward doom?

Anyway. Make those carrots. You'll thank me--and the recipe author, of course.

Comments

  1. The carrots sound fantastic! They really are a wonderful vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how much variety you can get from the same ingredients.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts