Sequestration Meal #570

 


I was really, really disinterested in cooking when I made this, but it was a relatively easy thing to pull together, so I made myself do it. I was glad I had, when I sat down to my meal, though. So a win!

Here we have bell pepper, mushroom, and tomato spaghetti (recipe roughly based on this one), steamed broccoli and carrots, and some pre-packaged Italian-style fusion tofu.

The pasta needed something, so I melted a bit of vegan butter and poured it over and sprinkled it with garlic salt and it was glorious, so I suppose that's a lesson for the future. I was following my new effort to cram more veggies in, so hence both broccoli and carrots alongside the veggies in the pasta. But I love both broccoli and carrots, so that was also great.

Although this prepared tofu is a splurge, it is so good, and in a way unlike anything I could make myself, because the flavors are infused throughout and actually set with the tofu. And also I can just pull it out of the fridge, slice it, and microwave it a bit and there it is. So I accept that I spent slightly more on this meal than I would have if I'd cooked the tofu myself. We have to allow ourselves some little kindnesses.

Comments

  1. The tofu looks amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a ready made flavoured tofu here where the flavours are actually set into the tofu itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty unusual! There are a few flavors. I love the stuff, but it's about double the price of a regular block of tofu.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts