Sequestration Meal #566

 


This was different, but good different! And it reflects my realization that we will have to give up on our ovens for the warmer season soon. (Or that may just be me.)

I have here an arugula salad with roasted sweet potatoes and pumpkin seeds in a cumin-spiced lime dressing (recipe from It's a Veg World After All) and pizza slices that I improvised after reading a few recipes online for white pizza. I was primarily inspired by one from Bianca Zapatka.

The pizza starts with my go-to thin crust recipe. It is then topped with a mixture of garlic and spinach sauteed together and homemade almond ricotta. I sprinkled some Daiya mozzarella on top of that. Then, I cooked some sliced mushrooms and put them on the pizza before baking it.

It was all delightful! There are some pretty colors and textures here, to be sure, but also, there are some great flavors. I also really boosted my intake of greens here, which is never easy for me. If I had it to do over again I'd probably add more seasonings to the pizza but it was pretty great as it was. I will miss oven season, but I'm really enjoying soaking up all the good baked stuff before it gets too hot for me to want to turn the oven on.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It was delicious! And I'm so glad I got to have pizza before it got so hot this week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts