Sequestration Meal #591

 


This is not particularly seasonal, but it was good! I still had a Field Roast stuffed roast in my freezer, and I have been trying to clear out my freezer a bit because there is kind of a lot of stuff in there. Plus, it just sounded good! So on one somewhat chilly early June day, I had a few slices of the roast with mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and some sauteed zucchini an yellow squash.

The gravy is the one from Nora Cooks, the main selling point of which is that it is a very quick recipe to make. It's just ever so slightly more effort than using gravy mix (from what I remember, anyway--are there even vegan gravy mixes?). And it does taste good, though it's not really comparable to one of those rich, long-simmered gravies that start with onions being caramelized. It was perfect for a lazy weekend, though!

A major selling point for summer is that it comes with the good produce. Although I do appreciate the good stuff I am getting to eat these days, it's also great to have something quick and comforting now and then. But don't worry; if' you read along with me to find the vibrant seasonal produce featured, I'm still into that, and I look forward to showing them to you.

Comments

  1. This meal looks like the ultimate comfort meal, I'm so here for it. I LOVE summer produce, I'm so excited for all of the fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts