Sequestration Meal #598

 This was a meal in two very divergent courses.

Course 1:

Kiwi strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing and candied pecans (recipe from Nutritionist Reviews). I used agave rather than honey in the dressing; it was otherwise already vegan. I love a good poppy seed dressing, and this was pretty good, but slightly more acidic than I'd like. I added some salt to cut the acidity and it really improved matters. The thing that made this special was the candied pecans, which I made myself. Candied nuts are really easy to make and so delicious, but for some reason I hardly ever think of making them.

So after that gorgeous, colorful bowl of freshness, what did I have as the next course?

Course 2:

A veggie hot dog with vegan mayo and yellow mustard! I toasted the bun, which was a nice touch. Obviously, you can eat whatever you like, and there's no special reason why a fancy fruity salad doesn't "go" with a hot dog. I think if I'd made a burger it wouldn't feel odd at all. But hot dogs are such casual food.

Oh, well. I ate, the food was good, and I moved on. You can't ask for more, really!

Comments

  1. The salad looks so refreshing and poppyseed dressing is so good. I love fruit in my salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I don't like being hot but I do like that part of summer.

      Delete
  2. I love this post, excellent combination, eat what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts