Sequestration Meal #600

 


Here we have something a little different: Mashed potatoes, mustard lentils, peppers and onions, and broccoli.

Okay, so the only "different" thing, really, is the mustard lentils (recipe from The First Mess). But sometimes, you don't want a curry. You want French lentils in white wine with mustard and a cashew cream sauce. It was gorgeous! I soaked the lentils while I was soaking the cashews (not together, obviously), and I think that really helps matters. I know you don't "have" to soak lentils, but I've been a much less frustrated cook since I started doing it. I loved this recipe, and I'd happily have it again.

The lentils and potatoes could really be a meal on their own, but I'm still committed to increased veggie intake, so hence my additions. Plus, that means that I get to stretch my leftovers a bit more. And it's pretty, and not too hard to do.

Comments

  1. Those lentils sound incredible! Definitely saving the recipe for when I get my cooking mojo back. I also always soak lentils, it makes it so much easier to cook them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts