Dinner Bowl #12

 


I had some leftover white bean and cashew cheese sauce, so I used that as the basis for some cheesy quinoa with chickpeas and broccoli (I swear the broccoli is there, under the yellow sauce). Alongside that, I had some steamed carrots garnished with parsley and some onions sauteed with red bell peppers.

I may be getting braver. I used up all of my quinoa with this meal. Don't get me wrong. I'll buy more soon. But using stuff all the way up is not always something I have the courage to do. Pandemic shortages did a number on me. But I'm slowly finding it in myself to believe that I'll have what I need. Am I wrong? Maybe the world is ending; we have very uncertain times in the U.S. But I guess if I'm wrong, I've got plenty of fonio, millet, and other unusual things to get me through.

Hmm. I guess I still have work to do to use things up!

Comments

  1. Your meals are always so colorful and lovely! I understand what you mean about food concerns but I absolutely believe that you will be ok and that you'll find what you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--we all have to work through our own irrational stuff, I guess!

      Delete
    2. We do and it's not irrational! Once you've experienced food insecurity it's understandable to have concerns. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! It's helpful for me to continue blogging my food, because it helps me see that I generally come up with something, no matter what.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts