Dinner Bowl #9

 


I mentioned that I am having a mild rebellion against use-it-up mode. I think that happened around July last year, too, when I was just over trying to think about cooking. This weather will do that to you! Here we have yellow rice with peas, a mixture of red bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach, and misir wat (Ethiopian red lentils, recipe from Simply Quinoa).

These lentils were good, but spicy. I should probably have gone a little easier on the berbere seasoning, which I'd never yet purchased (so how would I know?). They were also looser than intended because they'd seemed to dry out while cooking and I added more water, but maybe a little too much.

But it was a good meal overall; it did the job well. And if you need one for inspiration, this meal free of all major allergens.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh this looks really good! I definitely understand, I rebel against doing anything in this weather 😅

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts