Low Bowl #6

 


Still in salad mode and trying to return to use-it-up mode after a slight rebellion, I made this delightful farro and white bean parsley pesto salad from the Viet Vegan's recipe. Alongside that I had a green goddess salad with homemade dressing (recipe from the Mediterranean Dish for the dressing, then guided by Joyful Healthy Eats for the salad itself), then finally, some of my favorite carrot salad. It was colorful and delicious; you can't ask for more.

I wanted things to be fresh and light, so I found herb-heavy recipes. I loved the parsley pesto in the farro salad, which I made using walnuts. It was a super simple recipe and so satisfying.

But I still had parsley, and also cilantro, so green goddess dressing was a good next item. I really loved the color and flavor, though I don't think I've ever had green goddess dressing before. It's possible I made it to thick, but i managed to get my greens coated anyway. And isn't this avocado gorgeous? The last couple of times I bought avocados they've been a bit disappointing, but I went to a different store this time and theirs were amazing.

Some cilantro went in the carrot salad, too, which may not fully go with the rest of the meal, though honestly it does not matter, I think. It was colorful and I liked it, so I'll make my own rules for the time being.

Comments

  1. This looks like the perfect summer bowl! I have farro in my pantry that I should use and I'm definitely inspired by this dish! Carrot salad sounds so refreshing on a hot summer day. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, farro is pretty great and I'm always forgetting about it in my pantry.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts