Dinner Bowl #13

 


Use it up mode has recommenced, at least for the moment. Here we have some brown sushi rice, char siu soy curls (recipe from Full of  Plants), broccoli stalk namul (recipe from Plant Based Matters), and a stir fry made from the vegetables I had around (onions, carrots, red bell pepper, celery, and mushrooms). All of this is garnished with sesame seeds and scallions (possibly too many).

I'm experimenting with getting myself to eat more brown rice. It's better for me, I think, and I found some medium grain "premium" brown rice at my local market. It's not as good as Calrose, obviously, but it was better than most brown rice I've had. I do like brown rice, but not usually on its own like this. You'll be seeing more of it, though, because this actually worked out pretty well.

The soy curls were fine; nothing special. Maybe I've had soy curls too much to be impressed.

The veggies, though? All of this was inspired! I loved the broccoli stalk namul, and I'll definitely be making it again. It takes a while for me to julienne the broccoli stems, but some days that's just what I need. And the veggie stir fry was not something I've made in ages, but still found to be delicious, if perhaps a bit onion-heavy. I should do more veggie stir fry dishes. I grew up eating veggie stir fry frequently, as it was a quick, cheap lunch my mother often made when my father was at work.

What makes this a use-it-up special is primarily the broccoli stalks and the random veggies, but I haven't broken into my stash of soy curls in a while, either, and that definitely needed doing.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhh I saw char siu soy curls and got so excited, but now I'm sad they were just ok!! It sounded so promising! And I'm of the belief that there is no such thing as too many scallions 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, they weren't bad or anything! I may have been so impressed with the broccoli that everything else paled by comparison. I don't know. You might like them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts