Laptop Lunches #24

Cherry tomato salad, 1/4 of a chocolate muffin (which, let's face it, may as well be cake), blueberries, sliced bananas, and apple chunks, and some sliced turkey breast.

Cherry tomato salad, from that America's Test Kitchens Cooking for Two 2009 book I checked out, tastes great but is a tremendous amount of effort. Mixed feelings about this one; probably won't return to the rotation but I may try to find something in a simpler version (this is essentially caprese salad with cherry tomatoes, anyway). We'll see.

I had lunch with a friend today who consented to having her lunch photgraphed as well:

Watermelon, macaroni and cheese, and a banana. Looked quite tasty, and came with a super cute napkin.

Comments

  1. Hey, my lunch doesn't look half bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one of the laptop lunches boxes! I really wanted to get one of those, but they're not available in Japan, so I'm just going to wait until my husband and I move back to the U.S. this winter to get one. How do you like it?

    I checked out the recipe for the Cherry Tomato Salad, because it looks delicious, and I see what you mean about it being time consuming, lol. I think I'll try making it anyway, but simply scoop out the innards of the tomatoes into a strainer and strain that rather than the whole salad spinner step.

    You're lunches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really like the Laptop Lunches box. Mine is older, and they're selling one with more lids and more possible configurations now instead of this model. The basic concept is the same. Even without lids, though, things tend to stay in this one. The large green container has a lid I sometimes use when things are sort of soupy, and the dip container has a lid, but otherwise, you just rely on the outer case to keep things in place, which works well in my experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts