Laptop Lunches #40

A package of chicken breasts is like a saga around here, something like the saga of the ground beef from earlier this year. But, like ground beef, chicken breasts can take many forms.

Snow peas and orange cherry tomatoes with Greek yogurt-veggie dip, cranberry pecan cobbler, spinach, cream cheese, and chicken wrap, and a stuffed egg (dill mix).

The cobbler consisted of:

Cooking spray
1 cup of fresh cranberries
About 1/4 cup of sugar
A handful of chopped pecans
Quadrupled recipe of cobbler crust referenced here

Spray small casserole dish with cooking spray. Add cranberries, sugar, and pecans; mix to distribute well. Top with cobbler crust and a little more sugar. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes, or until done.

It was great last night but today seemed to need considerably less crust. I'd probably halve the crust recipe if I made it again. (That is to say, I'd double, rather than quadruple, the cobbler-for-two recipe's crust.) It's also quite tart, and so much better warm with vanilla ice cream than at room temperature plain, but you cannot (and should not) have everything all the time.

All in all, I give this lunch a B. It tasted fine, but I think this was too much in the realm of white flour. I could have used a slice of orange or something. But we press on!

Comments

  1. I love that you make Bentos for yourself! After I make Bentos for my kids, I realize that the food looks (and maybe) tastes so much better that I want one for myself. I have made a few "snack" bentos for myself, when I know I'm going to be out and about, but maybe I'd eat a better lunch if I planned ahead and made myself a lunch I could look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they bento if they don't have faces? It is a matter of making a better lunch--but also, since I don't have anyone to make them for, otherwise I wouldn't do it at all! Definitely spare some creativity for your own meals and snacks. (I swear otherwise I would never touch a celery stick!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts