Laptop Lunches #103

Strawberry halves, avocado chunks, pretzel thins, and homemade pimento cheese (recipe below).

It's not the most elaborate lunch, but it tasted really good. I was just in the mood for some kind of childhood comfort food and as I've said before, what I loved in packed lunches as a child was always pimento cheese and bologna sandwiches on white bread. I wasn't going to do that, especially not buy one of those horrible tubs of packaged pimento cheese (if they're even available here--it's not exactly northeastern food).

I also needed to safeguard myself against total loss of control, a la Jarlsberg cheese spread. So what I did today was in a single serving. (It's easy enough to make more if you need more.)


Pimento Cheese for One

1/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon light mayo
1 teaspoon jarred pimento slices
Dash of black pepper

Mix all ingredients until combined. Serve with pretzels or cut vegetables for dipping, or spread on crackers or bread. (Or just eat it with a spoon.)

This post is shared on:


Bento Blog Network

Friday Food


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts