Laptop Lunches #210

How is it December already!?
 


Unsweetened applesauce with a dash of cinnamon and sugar (an oxymoron, maybe), avocado and cherry tomato chunks with salt and pepper, an omelet rolled with spinach and swiss cheese, and a Swedish delicatoboll (chocolate ball) from lyktabento.

All in all, a great lunch. I love applesauce. The avocado was the most beautiful one I've eaten since I was last in Texas some years ago--don't know how I managed to get such a nice one here! The omelet cooperated with me very well. The Swedish treat was super yummy--it had soft chocolate and coconut and maybe some other things, and it made me envy the Swedes, who could eat this every day if they wanted. In terms of texture, it reminded me a little of those no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, but I'm not sure how else I can describe it. Thanks again, lyktabento!

This post is shared on:

Bento Lunch

Comments

  1. It's pretty much a no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookie, but with a bit of coconut in it too and a lot more processed then the home made version… ;)

    The delicatoball is a school cafeteria staple here in Sweden. We have free school lunches (full cooked meals with salads and bread every day) so the cafeterias mostly have sweets and a few sandwiches for when someone doesn't like the food that day. One of my teachers in grades 7-9 used to call them "brown vitamins" to make them sound better, since a lot of kids had one every day.

    Some people (not me!) eat these in a very strange way. They take a dinner roll, poke a big hole in the middle of it and put a delicatoball inside. Then they eat it. It's super strange to me, but very common in certain places here...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts