Lunchopolis #24

I found a salad online I wanted to try. At the very last minute, I discovered the red onion I had had gone bad. So I had to substitute scallions. This salad isn't quite as colorful as the original, but it was tasty!

So here we have Apple, Pecan, Cranberry, and Avocado Spinach Salad (based on this) with homemade balsamic vinaigrette, some large scallion-herb crackers, and strawberries.

This is my improvisational recipe, alongside a recipe for balsamic vinaigrette:

Apple, Pecan, Cranberry, and Avocado Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette for One
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Put all ingredients into a small cup with a secure lid. (I used a Tupperware Midget.) Shake well.

Apple, Pecan, Cranberry, and Avocado Spinach Salad
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
1/2 apple, cored and sliced thinly
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1/2 small carrot, cut into long strips with a vegetable peeler
1/3 small avocado, cubed
Balsamic Vinaigrette for One (recipe above)

Top spinach leaves with cranberries, pecans, apple slices, scallions, carrot strips, and avocado. Pack vinaigrette separately. When ready to eat, top salad with dressing and toss gently. (I couldn't really toss this easily in this container, but it worked out fine.)

Comments

Popular Posts