Laptop Lunches #271

Cantaloupe, a makeshift fruit dip, cucumbers tossed with grape tomatoes, cauliflower mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, and an attempt to make this recipe for chicken-style tofu.

The dip was like this one, which I've made before, except I used whipped aquafaba (bean water) I had on hand from a can of chickpeas. (Waste not, want not, and all that.) I'd never tried this whipped chickpea water thing before, but it really does work. And if you mix it with mayo, it will hold the whip a little longer than otherwise (it tends to separate if you leave it alone for a few hours otherwise).

I've been trying to find non-Asian ways to make tofu, and this was a good start, perhaps, but for some reason it was extremely salty.

The cauliflower mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy were lovely.

Comments

Popular Posts