ToGoWare 2-Tier Tiffin #11

Given that I'm not one to look askance at free food, this is more of me making the most of what my neighbor gave me: A composed salad of spinach, dried cranberries, walnuts, and applies served with more of her oatmeal bread sticks, cocoa-coated almonds, some dark chocolate, and a creamy mayo-based dressing (sort of inspired by Waldorf salad, but sweeter). I modified the dressing in this recipe. It was pretty awesome, so I'm giving you the recipe.

Spinach Salad with Fruit and Walnuts
Serves: 2

Salad:

6 oz. baby spinach (one typical-sized bag of pre-washed spinach is 6 oz.)
1 red apple, sliced thinly
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries

Put down a bed of spinach for each serving. Fan out half of the apple slices on one side. Add half the walnuts and half the cranberries in attractive sections (see photo above). Serve with the creamy dressing and toss salad before eating.

Creamy dressing:

3 tablespoons light mayo
2 teaspoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black or white pepper

Mix well. Serve with the salad recipe above, or as a fruit dip.

Comments

Popular Posts