Recipe: Apple-Grape Breakfast Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)


It may seem a bit odd, but bear with me: I really like this salad! It bears some distant resemblance to Waldorf salad but is sweet rather than savory. This is not an invention out of whole cloth. I gathered inspiration from Better Homes & Gardens and All Recipes. But my version is scaled down a bit and vegan.


Apple-Grape Breakfast Salad
Serves: 2-3

1 ounce non-dairy cream cheese (I used Daiya), about 3 tablespoons
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk yogurt (or any other vanilla plant-based yogurt)
2/3 cup halved grapes (any color or a mixture of both)
1 large apple, diced (I used an Opal apple)
2-3 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer until softened, then beat in the yogurt. When smooth, mix with diced apple and grapes.

When ready to serve, top with chopped walnuts.

Comments

  1. Curious! I do have a bunch of Tofutti cream cheese in my fridge right now, and when I use some for a recipe I often still have a bit leftover. So I will remember this for when I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed curious! And yet pretty good in my opinion. If you try it, I hope you like it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts