Happy Jackson Snack Boxes #62

Some homemade toast (I am giving you the recipe for this bread later this week), red grapes, sliced starfruit, a little bottle of ketchup, cucumber and grape tomato chunks, tofu mushroom frittata, and a little cup of margarine for my toast.

The recipe for the frittata is from Vegan for Everybody, which is the only vegan cookbook I actually own. I didn't make it exactly as suggested because I had to substitute some ingredients, and this definitely needed ketchup. Whether it would need it otherwise I don't know.

Starfruit and red grapes were on sale! You'll see a fair amount of them over the next few days.

Comments

  1. I feel that all frittatas need ketchup, but that could be because I love ketchup so sometimes consider food a vehicle to get it to my mouth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ketchup is a very underappreciated condiment. If you're ever in Pittsburgh, the Heinz History Center--which I call the "Ketchup Museum"--is fascinating. Americans once loved ketchup and now it's like it embarrasses them. I don't know what that's all about, but I did love it with the frittata!

      Delete
    2. A ketchup museum sounds amazing!

      Delete
    3. It's too bad I'm nowhere near Pittsburgh at the moment because it looks like they have a new exhibition now! https://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/exhibits/heinz

      Delete
  2. Oooh I can't wait for the bread recipe! It looks like a great brunch meal and I love adding fruit in to freshen things up. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty starfruit! Tofu mushroom frittata sounds great; I think I should try making that sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts