Thermos 3-Tier Bento #29

Garlic toast made from the homemade bread I made this weekend (you're getting the recipe later this week), red grapes, star fruit slices, and a vegan minestrone inspired by the recipe on back of a package of tubettini.

I want to give you this recipe, but it's not quite right yet. I think it's partly because I have yet to find a truly good solution for veganizing beef broth when it is one of the major flavors. Do you have one you like? I may have to cave and special order the Better than Bouillon, because the kosher section's imitation beef granules aren't cutting it for me now.

Comments

  1. This looks like the perfect meal! Soup is so great for a comfort meal and garlic toast is SO GOOD. I can't wait for the bread recipe and the star fruit is so pretty! I think Better than Bouillon is the way to go because they really do make a great stock. It also lasts a long time to so I think it's worth it! I've never tried the beef flavor but the no chicken on is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the No Chicken, so that's why I've thought about No Beef, but I wonder if this would taste better if I used No Chicken instead? It seems to be more common anyway.

      Delete
    2. I would totally go for the no chicken! I think it would be great and you already know you love it!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried to make beef style broth from scratch, I don't think I've ever really seen a recipe for it. There must be some. But I just normally use Massel stock cubes. We don't get Better than Bouillon here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never tried to make a a faux beef broth, honestly it’s been so so long since i would have had any (decades!) I couldn’t say what is similar. I feel like using the chickenless better than bullion or veg one and then add in some dehydrated mushrooms for a bit more earthy flavor and umami (just take out and chop up after they rehydrate and add back in)
    Garlic bread with homemade bread sounds AWESOME.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts