Temari Rabbit Bento Bowl #32

Some of my cucumber salad with spicy Asian dressing and Gardein beefless teriyaki over rice.

My long absence is explained two ways: One, I went on vacation for my birthday and rebelled against cooking in a way I can't recall rebelling against cooking in years. Two, I have had some hard times emotionally and just couldn't wrap my mind around blogging. But I took pictures of many things, and you'll have a full slate of posts for the next few weeks.

When you are trying to stop rebelling against cooking, sometimes what you need is just some easy things from the freezer. This is one of many reasons I love Gardein. It rescues me again and again. I'm almost out of the stash I built up the last time it went on sale, so I'm looking out for that next sale now. Fingers crossed it will be soon!

Comments

  1. First, happy belated birthday! I hope that you were able to enjoy your day and your vacation. I'm sorry that you've been struggling with cooking and dealing with some hard times emotionally. I have to agree that having some Gardein or similar products on hand is always a good idea for those days where cooking just isn't in the cards. Your meal does look delicious and I hope you can find more on sale so hopefully you'll be able to stock up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I make a point of having easy food around. It's not the end of the world if I have to buy full price Gardein occasionally--I really don't think I eat THAT much of it--but I try to keep myself to the sales when possible.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday for the past! I'm sorry things have been a struggle, I hope you were still able to have a nice day, whatever it entailed. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of did have a nice birthday, ultimately. I feel weird about getting older but not really progressing, but that's often true!

      Delete
    2. I don't mind ageing itself, but I do often feel like I should be further along in 'life' than I am. Societal pressure and all that. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Your meal looks delicious; it's always great when Gardein can come to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts