Laptop Lunches #15

Last night, I went to the grocery store at 10:00 PM. This is a good time to go if you want to avoid crowds and get amazing deals on the "ready to cook" stuff in the meat section that will be past its sell-by date the next day. It is not a good time to go if you have a specific produce item you want. There will be no baby carrots in sight. The bulk bins will have nothing but very sad, smushed vegetables at the bottom that nobody will want. So you will have to buy other things. But I think this was okay, even if it wasn't what I wanted.

Spinach and artichoke hummus with carrot chips and celery sticks, leftover meatballs in a creamy dill sauce, a white flesh peach, some blackberries, and the last key lime mini cheese ball.

This it the last of the ground beef. I think this resulted in me somehow getting 8 or more meals out of one pound of ground beef (three visible here). I don't know if that is a good thing, since my nutritionist has encouraged more protein, but there was hummus and cheese and such in that time, so maybe it isn't a bad thing.

Comments

Popular Posts