Laptop Lunches #20

In anticipation of Hurricane Irene, I have not gone grocery shopping for perishables (and most of what I eat is perishable). This is a bit more leftover than I like to do for lunch, but I guess it's new to you. It's also more calorie-dense than I usually pack, so it looks a bit more sparse. A wedge of scallion-cheddar bread (a fabulous recipe by Anne Byrn in The Dinner Doctor, which is pretty close to my favorite cookbook), some glazed sweet potatoes and apples, a bit of ham steak, and some grapes.

This may be the last one for a while. It's already raining pretty hard, and the electric company predicts outages of up to three weeks.

Comments

  1. Hey, I really like your blog. I am not sure how I got here, but I like your simple ideas. I just started packing a Laptop Lunches system for my 6 year old who likes more adult type food and I'm not about to start carving cats out of rice or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! There's a world of things between a boring sandwich every day and "carving cats out of rice" (thanks for the mental image!). I admire the creativity of all those bento bloggers out there--I just don't have it in me to do that, either, and I have fun with my lunches anyway. I hope your daughter has as much fun with her lunch as I do with mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts